Teenagers with Asperger’s Spectrum Disorder are intimately familiar with the numerous challenges of negotiating their way through their daily school routines. Most teens and students transitioning to higher level educational face challenges, but these challenges are often heightened for ASD teens by the increased social/emotional and academic demands of their programs. Undoubtedly, ASD teens struggle with the expectations that academic programs place upon them with regard to social interaction, misinterpretation of social cues, and difficulty formulating and maintaining peer interactions. Read more
As a young child, I received inadequate treatment for my learning disability. It was not until I was ten years old that a proper assessment and an appropriate treatment plan were initiated. I was diagnosed as being dyslexic. Before I was tutored, I would close my eyes, see darkness and be unable to visually conceptualize any words. My reading difficulties particularly affected my academic performance, for I was unable to follow directions. Because of these learning disabilities, elementary school entailed frustrating and often terrifying experiences.
I know first hand what you and your child are going through. I also know that with appropriate intervention and parental guidance your children will blossom and reach their full academic and socio-emotional potential.
I have dedicated my professional career to helping families not be torn apart by the stress and fear of the unknown. As your educational consultant, I will be available to support you in helping your child feel and be successful.
- About EA
- College and Career Counseling
- Community Resources and Organizations
- EA Blog
- Educational Advice
- Educational Consultants Services
- Educational Evaluations
- Greenwood GS 120 System Career Counseling
- Help finding a school for learning disabilities
- Is This Your Child?
- Leaning Disability or Learning Issue
- Life Coach For You and Your Child
- Media Appearances
- Parents Support Group
- Remote Learning
- Special Education Advocate
- The ABCs of Academic Success
- The ABCs of learning Issues
- The ABCs of Learning Issues Order Page
- Types of Learning Disabilities
- Why Choose Educational Alternatives LLC
- Contact Us
Dana Stahl M.Ed.
Educational Alternatives LLC.
40 Kensett Lane
Darien, CT 06820